How We Can Help You When Buying or Selling

What does a Settlement Agent do?

  • Act for the Seller in the Sale of a Property (including VOI & discharge authority)
  • Act for the Buyer in the Purchase of a Property (guide first home owners and provide Title Insurance information)
  • Change the details on a title, ie, survivorship, transmission, add a spouse, delete a spouse – family court order or binding financial agreement (marriage split)
  • Subdivision application
  • Attend CPD and CPC seminars regularly to keep up to date with changes in legislation and any changes in the settlement industry

Electronic Conveyancing


Best West Settlements is registered with PEXA and as an owner I have now been trained in Electronic Conveyancing. This means that Seller’s can access their funds within hours of settlement, Buyer’s can receive a copy of the title noting them as registered proprietor within hours of settlement and Real Estate Agents can have their sales commission within hours of settlement. Electronic Conveyancing also eliminates errors that can happen with paper documentation. The Big 5 banks are on board with many other financial institutions either on board or in the process of registering.

Settle Me

SettleMe Logo

Settle Me is an additional service available through Best West Settlements, it is a real time tracker that keeps you, the customer connected to the progress of your property transaction.

Through this service you will receive:

  • Instant alerts on your settlement date and time
  • Notification when the settlement is complete
  • A checklist from Best West Settlements which keeps you up to date on what you need to do or paperwork that you need to provide.
  • The ability to view your settlement information from any device, at anytime and anywhere.

Best West Settlements provide professional services that dots all the i’s and crosses the t’s.

The following services are available through Best West Settlements:

  • Residential Property Settlements
  • Commercial Property Settlements
  • Strata Property Settlements
  • First Home Owner’s Grants
  • Family transfers and Court Ordered changes
  • Change of names
  • Application for Subdivision
  • Family estates or Transmission Application on Death
  • Title searching
House key opening a front door of a new property
Getting the keys to your property is a great feeling as a new homeowner.


  • That if you buy land and have a building contract, you can save on stamp duty?
  • That if you buy land and don’t’ have a building contract, you can apply for a refund after you sign a building contract. (5 year time limit from the date of the Contract for Sale)
  • That if you are a first home buyer and you buy an established residence for $400,000.00 or less, you can apply for up to $2,000.00 to cover costs, ie, settlement fees, termite/building inspections, valuation fees, loan fees and mortgage insurance? (conditions apply). For more information see our Buyers Guide.
  • That if you have acreage, and if you reticulate that acreage from a bore, you need a license from the Department of Water? If the property is being sold, the new owner must have the license transferred within 30 days from settlement to guarantee water use (